Colin McRae/Nicky Grist begin to roll as they land during
the second jump of their run at The Home Depot Center.
The rally course was laid out between motorcycle jumps
that temporarily formed The Home Depot Center’s
There’s no reason to think that this year’s action won’t be as exciting.
Sunday, August 5 will be rally day for X Games 13 with The Home Depot Center hosting this intense event again.
The top six teams in the Rally America National Championship will be part of the competition along with two “wild card” guests. As of this writing, the guests have yet to be announced. The stage actually will be two courses – nearly mirror images of each other. Competitors will race side-by-side on the two tracks at certain sections, with the winner advancing to the next round, bracket-style, until there’s an ultimate winner.
Several initiatives are geared to raising awareness of this year’s X Games Rally.
One is the X Games Web site – www.expn.com. News and information concerning X Games 13 were available from mid-July.
Another initiative is a tour of X Games 12’s gold-medal-winning car – the #199 STI of Travis Pastrana/Christian Edstrom. The car was scheduled for visits to approximately 11 dealerships in southern California in the days preceding X Games. As part of the visit, dealers were offering a limited number of free admission tickets.
The 2006 X Games gold-winning WRX STI.
In addition, various Subaru partners planned to be part of the build-up to the X Games 13 Rally:
- Maxim magazine sweepstakes offers a winner entry to the 2007 X Games 13 Maxim VIP After Party in Los Angeles (link through www.subaru.com)
- Rally America is promoting a family VIP trip to X Games (www.rally-america.com)
- The Gold prize includes a ride with either Travis Pastrana, Ken Block, or Tanner Foust
- The Silver prize consists of a pair of DC Pro_spec 1.0 shoes autographed by Travis Pastrana
- The Bronze prize is a prize package from Rally America
- Hot Import Nights promoted X Games 13 at its events
- Codemasters planned shipment of DIRT™ on June 19, 2007, for Xbox 360™ and for PLAYSTATION® 3 shortly thereafter; DIRT features competition with Colin McRae in a pair of Subaru Impreza WRX STIs – McRae’s car in the No Fear graphics from last year’s X Games 12