The event took place on August 1 at the Fairplex in Pomona, California, where the NHRA Winternationals is held. It was free to the public.
The day’s festivities included:
- 2010 Legacy 2.5GT Driving Experience: The custom course allowed participants to experience the standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system.
- Subaru Freestyle Gymkhana: Participants earned WRX Games bragging rights as they drove alongside a professional driver and competed against other guests in a timed driving competition.
- Subaru Game On: Offering cool air-conditioned comfort, this tent was wired with Subaru racing video games, where participants raced against the clock as well as opponents.
- Need for Speed: Participants raced remote-controlled model Subaru cars around a rally stage, complete with jumps and tire-shredding turns!
- Gone To The Dogs: Participants’ four-legged friends were not forgotten. Guests were encouraged and welcomed to bring their dogs. In the Subaru doggie tent, dogs were served plenty of fresh, cold water and loads of treats, as well as given free bandanas.
- Subaru Car Show: Participants entered their Subaru vehicles and competed to win Subaru Rally Gear, Subaru Reward Dollars, and other great prizes. Awards were given in multiple categories.
- Driving Demos by Subaru factory and guest drivers: Participants watched demonstrations by professional Subaru racing drivers as they put their race-tuned rides through their paces. Ken Block made his guest appearance at the end of the day, delighting the crowd of enthusiasts with plenty of smoke and dust thrown up by his Gymkhana 2 WRX. Block also spent more half an hour signing autographs and chatting with fans. Drifting series driver Stephan Verdier and Subaru Road Racing Team driver Kristian Skavnes also made appearances.
According to the event organizers, more than 400 guests attended.