READY TO ROLL
DP WRX is always ready to go somewhere. Winter didn’t stop us; it didn’t even slow us down. Since January 1, 2011, we’ve taken the DP WRX on several trips, traveling east and south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
In January, we took a round trip from Milwaukee to:
- Daytona, Florida for Subaru Road Racing Team’s (SRRT) practice sessions at Daytona International Speedway for the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at the end of the month
- Cherry Hill, New Jersey, for meetings at Subaru of America and to join the 10th Annual 48HRS of Tristate charity drive
- Indianapolis, Indiana, and Cincinnati, Ohio, with the 48HRS event
Distance: 3,735.6 miles in 11 days.
In February, we drove to the 100 Acre Wood Rally in Missouri to follow Subaru Rally Team USA (SRT USA). Distance: 1,353.2 miles in four days.
Later, in April, we drove the car to Birmingham, Alabama, to join SRRT once again, this time at Barber Motorsports Park. Distance: 1,795.5 miles in six days.
A trip in May took us to VIRginia International Raceway in Alton, Virginia, for SRRT’s participation in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. On the way back to Milwaukee, we planned our route to take us to a magnificent 11-mile stretch of road in Tennessee called “Tail of the Dragon.” Distance: 2,141.3 miles in five days.
During June, we spent a long weekend with SRRT at Watkins Glen International (Watkins Glen, New York) and SRT USA at the Susquehannock Trail Rally (around Wellsboro, Pennsylvania). Distance: 2,141.3 miles in five days.
We took another round trip from Milwaukee in June, with these stops (in this order):
- Stafford Springs, Connecticut, for Wicked Big Meet
- Cherry Hill for meetings
- Mount Washington near North Conway, New Hampshire, for SRT USA’s participation in Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb
Distance: 3,280 miles in 13 days.
In July, we took DP WRX to Jersey Motorsports Park near Millville (with SRRT).
Keep up with all travel details involving DP WRX in the Editor’s Track Journal. Just look for Journal entries that begin with “DP WRX Journal.”